Thursday, January 31, 2002

NEW LAWYER GIZMO
FILIPINO LAWYER'S SOFTWARE LAUNCHED



It happened over coffee at McDonald's. I told Bitoy Buenaventura, President of Corporate Oasis (the web group behind telecounsel.net), that I needed a software that will help me manage my cases. I wanted one that will give a view of all my cases and their status. I wanted to be able to tell which one is not moving to ensure that it moves somehow and not displease the client. Then, while he is at it, I told him throw in a calendar and contacts management, an expense and billing tracker and a directory of all the courts in the Philippines. A few more discussions and phone calls, and the Lawyer's Folio Version 1.0 was launched. It's cheap at PHp 2,500 (US$50) a pop. It's now available at all Rex Bookstore outlets.

No comments: