Sunday, March 03, 2002

Comment

Erap turns the tables on Govt.

What do you know? After committing a big slip on primetime TV by admitting that he is the one and only Jose Velarde, Erap (disgraced former Philippine President), dismissed his top caliber lawyers on the pre-text that he will not get justice anyway from the court trying his case. Now, everybody in the government is frantic that this new Erap posturing might trigger another attack from the Erap mob who lynched Malacanang Palace last May 1, 2001. There is no doubt Erap wants to go on exile.His political supportes are now agitating for it. (See INQ7 text here.) And Gloria -- slick politician that she is -- knows letting Erap go might be the political compromise of the century.

Okay, as for me, I'm just shaking my head as I type this. I am shaking my head. I will go about my business in this country just shaking my head.

No comments: